Tabloid Whore!

2.15.2007

MILLI VANILLI TO BE REINCARNATED ON THE BIG SCREEN.


For those of you who were once fans of the super-duo singing group from the early 90's, Milli Vanilli, only to be crushed when it was revealed that they lip-synced and took credit for an album with voices that were not their own, today is your lucky day. It appears that the tale of Milli Vanilli's rise and fall is going to be brought to the big screen. You heard me. Jeff Nathanson, the writer of the Leonardo DiCaprio movie "Catch Me If You Can," is going to write and direct the project. He has the full cooperation of the sole survivor of the duo, Fabrice Morvan (Rob Pilatus died from a drug overdose in 1998). At first I wondered who the hell would want to make, let alone watch a movie about Milli Vanilli, especially because I swear there was a TV movie done about this whole thing years ago. But then Nathanson kind of put the appeal of the whole project into perspective when he told a newspaper, "I've always been fascinated by the notion of fakes and frauds, and in this case, you had guys who pulled off the ultimate con, selling 30 million singles and 11 million albums and then becoming the biggest laughing-stocks of pop entertainment."
Yeah, I'll admit, I was guilty of buying one of those Milli Vanilli records when I was a young, naive child and hell yeah, I liked it. After the whole fiasco was exposed, Morvan and Pilatus always appeared to be quite tortured souls, so if done right, it could be a very interesting movie. If it sucks, then just blame it on the rain baby, blame it on the rain.
Source: Reuters

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Hollywood THAT desperate.

Makes me sad.

10:41 AM, February 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tabloid Whore!! I loved Milli Vanilli back in the day too but I think I got you beat. Not only did I buy the album and know every word to every song but I had their poster on my bedroom wall!!!

Don't laugh, I was like 10!!!!

11:48 AM, February 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The idea seems like a life story for the E! channel, but who knows. The highs and lows of Milli Vanilli.

11:15 AM, February 16, 2007  
Blogger ASD said...

plz this better be good. i can't dream of who they're going to have acting in these roles. i hope they're brave. i danced in my living room as a child to their songs. love 'em

1:37 PM, February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home