Tabloid Whore!

2.02.2007

FARRAH FAWCETT "HAS KICKED SOME MAJOR CANCER ASS!"


What an amazing birthday present! Farrah Fawcett, who turns 60 today and has been undergoing treatment since October for anal cancer, received the amazing news from doctors this week that she has won her battle with cancer. Dr. Gary Gitnick, who has been Farrah's lead physician said that she "has had a full and complete response to treatment" and that "her prognosis is excellent." Her spokesman, Mike Pingel was understandably thrilled and said, “Farrah has kicked some major cancer ass. She went in fighting and even with a roller coaster of pain, tears and anguish, she never stopped – and she came out triumphant. I hope her big win will help others keep fighting their fight. You Go Girl!

The following is a statement released by Farrah today:
"This is an extraordinarily happy day for me and my family. I have been on a journey for the past four months and during this time received a tremendously aggressive treatment which doctors initially warned me would be the most difficult fight of my life. I was told they needed me to 'bite the bullet' and that would require great courage and unfailing determination. In the face of excruciating pain and uncertainly, I never lost hope and it never occurred to me to stop fighting -- not ever. "This experience has also humbled me by giving me a true understanding of what millions of others face each day in their own fight against cancer. I hope that my news might offer some level of inspiration to others who unfortunately must continue to fight the disease. So to those who are still struggling toward their own victory, stay determined, 'fight the fight' and I will keep you and your families in my thoughts and prayers. "I am deeply grateful to my team of physicians, my loving and supportive family and devoted friends who have sustained me as I battled this terrible disease, strengthened by my faith in God and the encouragement of so many."

Hooray!
Source: Farrahfawcett.us

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic news for Farrah, someone I've always liked despite all the malice she gets from the tabloids. Her victory over cancer will inspire others to keep up the fight.

Believe in prayer, determination, modern medicine... and in Farrah's case, just biting the bullet.

5:02 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger ASD said...

colon cancer! not anal cancer lol.

12:13 AM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

GIMB: Oh you doubt me! she had the anal cancer--it's different and relatively rare. Check out this article:

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/128/117115.htm

12:27 AM, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"kicked some major cancer ass", more like kicked some major ass cancer!!!

Good for you Farrah-God Bless.

2:26 AM, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, you guys --- what a thing to fight about !! : )
; )

9:49 AM, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And hate to say it... but Farrah better keep the gloves on.

7:16 PM, February 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home