Tabloid Whore!

11.17.2006

DAVID BLAINE REVEALS DETAILS OF TUESDAY'S STUNT!


At a press conference in New York today, David Blaine revealed the details of his latest stunt, set to begin on Tuesday.

AFP reports:

Blaine will try to escape from shackles after spending two days in a spinning gyroscope suspended above New York next week, the illusionist said Friday, unveiling his latest stunt.
On Tuesday, Blaine will be locked spread eagle into the gyroscope, which will then be hoisted 15 metres (50 feet) into the air and spun at up to eight revolutions a minute until Thursday, when he will try to escape.
The latest challenge was dreamed up by retail giant Target and the Salvation Army, who will give 100 needy children a shopping spree when the stunt is over and the Thanksgiving Day sales begin on Friday.
The children get the prize whether or not Blaine makes it.
Blaine said one of his biggest concerns in the challenge, besides not eating or drinking, would be dizziness.
"Just to make it more difficult on myself, I added a motor (to the gyroscope), so even when I'm sleeping there'll be continuous movement. ... I think I'm going to have to stay awake the whole time," he said.
"This one's exciting for me. This one's a fun one," he said.
Of course I can't wait to see this, but as someone whose middle name is "motion sickness," I feel nauseous just thinking about that constant spinning!
Source: AFP

3 Comments:

Blogger ASD said...

he's so hot

9:27 PM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger Tricky Trev said...

TW,

I think you might like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_G_7uFsS78

Now I gotta get back to doin' some artwork. I think the block I was stuck in has finally melted. ;)

6:22 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

TP: That was brilliant, I LOVED it and laughed my ass off. The guy doing Blaine had his voice down perfectly. Thx!!! :)

6:31 PM, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home