Tabloid Whore!

10.20.2006

SHARON OSBOURNE TO FREE HERSELF FROM GASTRIC BAND.


Sharon Osbourne has announced she will be undergoing surgery in December to remove the big rubber band she had installed inside of her in 1999 to make her tummy smaller. Also known as having a “Gastric Bypass,” Sharon previously lost 125 lbs with the surgery. Now she says she is removing the gastric band and relying on psychotherapy to help her with her eating issues. Sharon told PEOPLE magazine, "I have to figure out why I do what I do to myself. "I think I have some sort of self-destruction button." Even with that big ‘ol rubber band in her, Sharon still managed to gain 15 pounds this year as she tells PEOPLE, "I keep trying to eat more and more ... I'm a pig.” I love Sharon and was this close to buying her memoir, “Sharon Osbourne Extreme” a couple days ago. I can't help but keep imagining this band looking like one of those HUGE thick rubber bands you find around the office and start shooting at everyone. Although I know it's quite different, the thought of it still makes me laugh a little. I give the woman major props for making this decision and attempting to learn more about herself and the root of her eating problems through psychotherapy. Yay Sharon!
Source: Fox News

3 Comments:

Blogger ASD said...

weird. i thought they cut the stomach not rubber banded it

2:22 PM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger DrDiSaia said...

I wonder if it is a lap band similar to those used in the US. Presumably she had surgery in the UK. Lap bands don't tend to be all that effective (relative to open gastric bypass,) but then again I do not know how much weight she lost.

8:12 AM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lap-band surger is not the same as gastric bypass. It's adjustable, removable, less invasive and does not cause many of the nutrition-deficiency related issues that are caused by gastric bypass surgery.

As to the success rate, it's phenomenal. I wish that people would do their research before posting comments without any substance.

Every person with weight issues has to deal with them mentally and physically. It's a different experience for each individual.

6:00 PM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home