Tabloid Whore!

9.25.2006

JACK OSBOURNE SAYS HE ONCE TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE.


Oh dear. That Jack Osbourne is so lovely now that he finally got his act together and is off the drugs and is all squeaky clean & sober. Sadly, times have not always been so good for the kid. In his upcoming book Jack Osbourne: 21 Years Gone, good 'ol Jacky tells how during his time of addiction, the depression he suffered became so bad coupled with drugs and alcohol, that he once tried to kill himself. Jack, who was staying in a hotel room in New York at the time, said that he went over the edge one night after he called his then girlfriend and her ex-boyfriend answered the phone. He writes:
"That night I started cutting myself. I sliced up my hands with a broken bottle. I then reached for a bottle of absinthe that I had in my hotel room, mixed it with water and chugged as much as I could. "It wasn't easy to keep down, but eventually I knew I had drunk a hefty amount, so I looked around and found several bottles of pills: Soma, Xanax and Dilaudid, a pretty potent cocktail of prescription opiates. I helped myself to a handful, swallowed them and climbed into bed. I lay there, my hands bleeding and my head spinning, as I waited for death to take me." Luckily, Jack woke up in his bed 12 hours later and had the wit's to call his therapist. He added, "There was no small talk. I was weeping down the phone, 'I think I tried to kill myself last night.'"
Oh those Osbournes.
Source: Female First

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad. But I can't say I'm too surprised. As funny as the Osbornes were to watch on MTV, you knew they were one fucked up family. Jack looks good and I hope he can continue to lead a good life.

6:38 PM, September 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ugly duckling becomes a swan

3:10 AM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jack is looking good.

9:37 AM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad he failed!

9:44 AM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack looks great. While I agree the Osbournes are a dysfunctional family, IMHO all celebrity families are. No matter hhow hard they try they cannot give their children a "normal" life. He dealt with things best he could and seems to have come up smelling like roses. Go Jack!

10:37 AM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and now terrell owens tried to OD on about 35 painkillers. how did he or jack even survive this type of thing. sad. thank goodness neither one killed themselves.

8:34 AM, September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home