Tabloid Whore!

7.05.2006

HILARY SWANK RATS OUT CHAD LOWE'S FORMER SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROBLEM.


In an upcoming interview with Vanity Fair magazine, Hilary Swank reveals that her soon-to-be-ex husband Chad Lowe once had a substance abuse problem that contributed to the dissolution of their marriage. Hilary tells Vanity Fair, "I knew something was happening but I didn't know what," "When I found out, it was such a shock because I never thought he'd keep something from me. And yet, on another level, it was a confirmation of something I was feeling that was keeping us from being completely solid." "I don't want to make it seem like that's the sole reason; there were other factors. But that just kind of blew it open. It made me look at things a lot deeper. That's when you realize it's not going to work." "When I found out, I wanted to be there, I knew it was the most important time of his life. That's when he needed me most." His problem, she adds, is "an enormous obstacle to overcome, and he's doing it. He's living a sober life. … I know how difficult it is, and I'm really proud of his sobriety."

Hmmm ... I don't know, I always thought Hilary seemed like a really cool chick and I believe she has much love and respect for that darling Chad Lowe. But the fact that she revealed his prior substance abuse problems for a spread in Vanity Fair makes me a bit uncomfortable. One thing she didn't do was say what substance he abused, which is surprising considering she kinda already threw the guy under the bus as it is. I would think if Chad wanted to go public with this, the dude could have had the cover of People Magazine. Since we have yet to see a cover entitled "Chad Lowe: My Struggles with The Ice" or some other shit like that, I would assume he didn't want to share his business with the world. In the Vanity Fair article, Hilary also makes a point to say that her successful career & Chad's rumored envy of it was not the cause of their break up adding, "Chad is very supportive of my career." "He is, I think, genuinely happy for my success . . . I think that any frustration for him stemmed from the lack of opportunities in his own career." Thankfully Hilary isn'tcompletely pointing the finger at Chad for the break up of their marriage when she says, "It takes two to make something work or not work. I'm a person with my own faults and troubles." "In the end, it just didn't work, but I would never look back on this relationship as failed. I look at it as 131/2 years of success."
Mwah, mwah, 13 1/2 years of success and then watch out for the bus Chad! Lame!
Source: PEOPLE

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good that Hilary admits she has faults too....but she didn't say what they are!

I'm guessing that maybe she and Chad made an agreement that she would talk about it. Why, I don't know. She doesn't seem like the type to run out and hurt others. Better left unsaid, IMO. But VF would never skirt a topic like that. They're 'all celebrities, all the time' now.

3:36 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilary's just being a flat-out bitch. You don't reveal marital secrets for the sake of a better or more sensational interview. If Chad wanted the information known, he could have put it out there himself. That Hilary thought it was necessary or appropriate speaks volumes about her character -- none of it good.

3:37 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, and this is going to help him get job opportunities how???

what a phuking bitch!

3:46 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

3:36- I don't know. As of now Lowe and his camp have said "no comment" about the Vanity Fair article. Doesn't sound like something they'd say if the couple had a previous agreement that she could spill the dirt...who knows.

4:24 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, I would really hope she didn't blow it...throwing her hubby under a bus by airing all his dirty laundry? I really thought she was one of the more "down to earth" actresses in Hollywood. I guess we'll find out in the days ahead if she really is a fake, backstabbing bitch.

4:55 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw on E! that he has been clean for 3 1/2 years. Why is this being labeled as a cause for the break up? They did not say he had a relapse, they said this was 3 1/2 years ago. I don't get it.

5:02 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder what he was going to say about her? And the fact that he has been clean and sober for 3+ years just makes her look even more like a stupid bitch.

Once white trailer trash, always white trailer trash.

5:57 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, it definitely doesn't look good.

Hilary we love you, this won't win you any fans! :O

6:07 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the whole mess it just really sad.

7:09 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to throw up immediately after I read what she said about her soon to be ex in that article. I thought she had class. Trashing Chad, in that magazine, sweetly and with understanding about his addictions, isn't going to win her any fans in my corner of the world.
She didn't need to talk about that poor man at all. He has almost no career and now she's exposed his past to the entire world. NOT cool.

10:14 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never liked her...but I liked him. And she didnt just throw him under the bus she was driving the damn thing. I kinda expect him to be a gentleman about this- stick with the 'no comments'. But part of me would love it if he came out and said you know 'after she slept with Federskank I knew it was over'. You know he's gotta have dirt on her.

10:18 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bitch. It was bad enough when we thought it was fairly recent, but clean for more than 3 years and she does this? And that whole it takes two thing was supposed to make it seem as though she wasn't being a bitch? Just how dumb does she think all us regular folk are?

7:12 AM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home