Tabloid Whore!

6.05.2006

CHRIS DAUGHTRY SAYS NO TO FUEL.

American Idol's kick ass rocker Chris Daughtry has officially turned down FUEL's invitation to become the band's new lead singer. Chris told his hometown newspaper on Sunday, "I'm going to be doing my own thing." His decision not to join the band comes as no surprise because I think if he really wanted to grab the offer up, he would have done it soon after it was put out to him. We reportedly wont hear what's next for Chris until the Idol tour is over in 3 long months ... ugh. That is the danger, the kids go on the tour and once it's over they are more or less forgotten about. People are so hardcore about their Idol favorites in the beginning saying they will buy his/her record whenever it comes out and then time passes, the record comes out and most of those same people don't go out and buy it. Luckily for dear Chris, I am not like that, so he will at least have one record sold to moi.
Source: PEOPLE

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm surprised. I wonder if it has something to do with his family. I know he said he would choose what was best for them so maybe all the touring is not what they want? Who knows but I just hope he doesnt have the attitude that he is too good for them or something.

2:13 PM, June 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised. That's a huuuge change in their lives. Don't they have a daughter? I can't imagine my hubby packing up and leaving my fam to go be a rock star....I wish him well going solo.I'll buy his album for sure

12:42 PM, June 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not just the idol tour that's the problem, they're contractually obligated to wait 3 months after the winners album is released before they can sign a deal...or something to that degree. So it won't be until like the very end of the year before there's a shot at hearing anything from Chris...or anyone else who's names aren't Taylor and Katharine.

However, did you read on TMZ that Clive Davis is interested in him? Clive seems to REALLY like Chris, and I have this itching feeling they might "forget" about the contract for him We'll see.

6:15 PM, June 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think this is a really dumb move on his part. He could have gotten great exposure and experience from the Fuel gig.

I hope he has something bigger planned and not some "i'm going solo" plan because we all know by the time that happens people will be like "chris who?"

9:40 AM, June 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Chris made a wise decision. I'm so glad that he turned it down. I think real Chris fans won't forget him. I think he'll be more sucessful than any of the other "idols". Don't worry, I'll buy his cds and go to his concerts. He'll be fine. I'm glad he is going solo. He has a lot of talent. Can't wait to he makes a cd!

11:14 AM, June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not have been happier for CHRIS I most definetly won't forget as soon as he is done with the Idol tour witch I'm going to I'll go to his tours and buy his Albums CHRIS ROCKS!

1:48 PM, June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's got a very busy Mall-Tour planned, as well as some Bar Mitzvahs.

5:23 PM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home