Tabloid Whore!

6.02.2006

AMERICAN IDOL PIMPS OUT TAYLOR HICKS TO WAL*MART.


WTF? American Idol Taylor Hicks performing at the Wal*Mart shareholders meeting? Well, even though I am a hardcore loyal Target girl, I guess there isn't anything that says "America" more than Wal*Mart. This morning Taylor (along with Beyonce) put on a performance for the folks and sang a couple songs. Unfortunately he had to sing that horrible cringe inducing single, "Do I Make You Proud?" but then saved face with his lovely version of "Taking It To The Streets." For all of you who are still wondering why the hell Taylor would be performing at Wal*Mart, here's your answer ... Lee Scott, President and CEO of Wal-Mart, said that after Taylor Hicks' performance, he met with the merchandising people and they doubled the order of his CD. Pimp it Taylor! Pimp it! That's the music biz for ya folks.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone on American Idol can "sell out" to anything. There's nothing left to sell.

5:09 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

Ha. So true. So true.

7:31 PM, June 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg, Wal-Mart, the horror!! Lol, erm, that's a little nit picky to call this selling out! I think we both know he's not planning his own itenerary ;) When he starts singing the type of music Justin Timberlake sings, THEN you can cry foul!

9:15 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

kim- haha, i know..i just liked the headline (note the "kinda.")actually, i think I have a more appropriate one and will change it up a bit... BTW--we all know that poor man is enslaved to idol for however long now and cannot plan his own itinerary. God forbid they don't let him have a say in how his record sounds, that's what I'm really worried about (ie: the first single for example). He is so much better than that damn song.

10:09 PM, June 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't believe he won! I am a fan of Chris! I'm still in shock that he was not the winner! It's not that I don't like Taylor, but he is not the American Idol that I envisioned.....I don't care for his song, but I do enjoy his cover songs...Oh well, there is always next time.........

11:11 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger hazim said...

Hey. Hazim here...again. Chris Daughtry debuted at number 40something on the Billboard Hot 100 this week with that wanted, dead or alive song.
He's moving ahead fast after Idol. Elliott Yamin's prolly still scratching his head after Idol wondering what to do.

4:46 AM, June 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate Wal Mart.

7:32 AM, June 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>> BTW--we all know that poor man is enslaved to idol for however long now >>

That's the problem with Idol. Doesn't everyone look at it and realize there's a problem with actually winning? Simon Cowell is not making it easy for the "winner" to go out and do side projects or plan for the future. For Taylor, obviously it's better than singing at clubs so I'm happy when a guy like that wins. Cause let's face it, he doesn't have the looks of Chris (or even a couple of the other finalists in recent years).

9:13 AM, June 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch A.I., but what happened to that guy who left the show to make his own deals? Is he working?

I bet Simon squashed him like a bug. Put the word out not to hire him...

9:16 AM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home