Tabloid Whore!

5.26.2006

SPIELBERG HAS HIS EYE ON KATHARINE MCPHEE.

American Idol Katharine McPhee is very lucky she did not win the title of "American Idol" which would have made her chained to Idol duties for an unknown amount of time. Now the gorgeous and talented Katharine has time to take a meeting with the one and only Steven Spielberg. Yes, you read that right. Katharine told the exciting news to Extra at the Idol finale, "Steven Spielberg would like to have a meeting with me. That, for me I think, was the thing that really made this last week calming for me. "I just was like, 'Wow, Steven Spielberg would like to have a meeting with me.' That's incredible! I think that was the moment where I turned to a couple of my close friends, who have been through this competition, and I was like, 'I don't know if winning is the best thing for me.'" How awesome! We already know Katharine will be a fabulous actress, cuz damn, if you can sing a love ballad with Meatloaf like Katharine did, and make it look like you really are in love with him, well, that's what I call talent!
Source: Hollywood.com

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Spielberg is losing his mind. After Mandisa left, she told the same story about him wanting to contact her! Hmm

11:52 AM, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope she can act better than she can sing....

6:31 PM, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her duet with Meatloaf was painful to watch. Why they went with another version of that song is beyond me--what a mess and there was absolutely zero chemistry. Same as with Blige...off in her own world.

Spielberg has to be kidding.

10:37 PM, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, her duet with Meatloaf was awful, but not because of her. She used her acting skills, definitely, but it looked forced. And yes, he did say he was going to contact Mandisa as well! It reminds me of when Tarantino said he'd put JPL in a movie.

Anyways, the runner ups are still locked into a contract with TPTB. Maybe she can fight to get out of it like Clay did. But I think acting is the best route for her.

Honestly though, she's annoying me already.

1:13 AM, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think Broadway is her calling.

You just don't say, ok, i'm going to be an actress. It takes training.

1:10 PM, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What one moment stood out for Katherine McPhee? It would obviously be Somewhere over the Rainbow, it was phenomenal. It rivaled the original and utilized the original lyrics. She has the body type of most girls today and looks very very beautiful. So what would Mr. Spielberg want with her? Well they successfully redid Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, perhaps we will see a Brand New Wizard of Oz, with the beautiful Mcphee following the steps of Judy Garland to be today's Dorothy. It will truly be amazing. Best Wishes KAT!

5:11 PM, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's so annoying and she'll be a forgotten nobody before we know it...hopefully sooner than later...

11:28 PM, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Word. It was a good performance but give me a break already.

9:11 AM, May 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Katharine was on Larry King last week Saturday and when asked about this, she kinda shrugged and said that someone had called someone and she didn't know for sure what was going on .....

BTW, she also let on the Ace Taylor was 'flirty'. Apparently he was hittin' on her 24/7... and she was not amused.

9:26 AM, June 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, I hope she can act better than she can sing... I think she should stick to her "Idol" obligations instead of swimming in a pool with her 41 year-old boyfriend when she supposedly has Lyringitis/ Bronchitis... she'll be forgotten soon when the general public finally gets over her looks and actually LISTENS to her... I see some already have, and good for them, not catching the damn "McPheeever" her few fans claim to have caught. Its only a short matter of time when that disease is wiped off the face of the earth!!:]

8:41 AM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home