Tabloid Whore!

5.24.2006

AND YOUR NEW AMERICAN IDOL IS ...

Taylor Hicks!

Alright, I just want to start off by saying that this was the best American Idol Finale show ever! Sure I liked both of the final 2 and even though it wasn't the nailbiter like past seasons on who will win, this was the first time I was not bored out of my mind during a 2 hour finale. Granted, we did have to sit through the cheesy group numbers, but just when you thought you might be falling into the "ok, I'm ready for the show to end now" hole, Idol throws out another zinger to wake you up and get you cheering again. Not to mention, Katharine and Taylor looked like they were both having so much fun.

My absolute favorite part of the show was when Clay Aiken came out singing "Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me" and surprised his little doppleganger Michael Sandecki. The startled look on that kid's face when Clay came out was priceless and I could not stop laughing at how excited he was. Poor thing didn't even realize they turned his mike off when Clay started to sing. Also, you just know after Clay was done and he got backstage he probably pitched a fit and yelled something like, "Seacrest! Why the hell didn't you put him on that stool sooner?! He almost messed up my number!" It is also possible that Michael had a startled look on his face just from seeing Clay's new dark red, much longer hairdo. Oh my. Maybe if he would have kept his hair the light red it wouldn't have been such a shock? I can't recall, was Clay a natural red head? Hmm...if he was, you know what that means! Another member of the Lindsay Lohan firecrotch club! All joking aside, the humor during that entire segment and to hear Clay's awesome voice again was probably the best part of the whole show. With all the gay tabloid scandal surrounding him of late, I'm glad he performed on the show. The kid can't, and shouldn't have to, hide forever.

Equally surprising was when Prince strutted his purple stuff on stage and performed a couple songs, that was amazing. Especially considering a couple months before, Prince didn't want to come on American Idol. Word is that Prince had not even arrived when they took the commercial break before his performance (hence the "results next" teaser) and that he arrived at the last second, walked on stage, performed, finished, turned the hell around ignored Seacrest (who wanted to talk to him), and went directly to his waiting car and left. Beautiful. Also, I loved, loved, loved, Chris Daughtry and Live, although it was a little bit funny to see these two bald guys on stage who practically looked like twins. Good stuff. I loved seeing sweet, dear Elliot again and he looked and sounded fabulous. Don't even get me started on how precious that little mother of his is. Plus, and you will be shocked by this ... I actually laughed at the whole "Puck 'n' Pickle" bit. Yes, I thought it was funny, but I've also been in an exceptionally good mood this evening for some silly reason, so it could just be that. Over all, good finale and congrats Taylor!


Photo Credit: Reality TV Magazine

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope and pray you can get video of the Clay doppleganger part. My sister missed it and although I did my best to give her the rundown, its not the same. That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I couldn't stop laughing. Clay's look was a bit weird. No other way to describe it.

5:24 AM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love me some Clay, but baby why the hair? I'm not feelin' the hair ..at least not yet. Great to see him though. I also loved seeing Meat looking like Meat again, although he's likely less healthy. Dionne Warwick..LOVE HER! With all this great stuff, why did I still think this finale sucked? Likely all the Idol stuff. I'm happy Taylor won, but since I already figured he'd won it was kind of anticlimatic. Yeh, and everyone needs to leave my Clay alone. Him and Brit. Its open season for the rest : )

5:44 AM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh..and yes, Clay is a natural redhead.

5:45 AM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amy, dlisted has the video.

9:39 AM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, Michael K just posted it on Dlisted. I just watched it again and I'm not as freaked out by Clay's hair.

9:43 AM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up!! Going to link my sister to it now so she can laugh as hard as I did.

11:00 AM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love taylor.....
clay is so gay....what's up with the poor guys hair? he should fire his stylest!!!

12:54 PM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is the video no longer available? I want to see it!

Help!!

2:22 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

alright, i just posted a new youtube link...the other one was pulled for copywrite infringement by idol, so i am sure this one wont last long either! catch it while you still can!

2:47 PM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That boy can sing, i don't care what his hair looks like.

What a talent.

3:34 PM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay is it just me or did clay look like Pee Wee herman with that new hairdo? Creepy- really creepy.

Glad I found your site Ms.tw- it's great!

3:35 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Cindy said...

Clay's hair is exactly like that one guy from Project Runway who told Heidi Klum that he loved her.

Its horrible though. Like he got caught in a pot of Sebastian molding mud. Poor Clay. He does have big feet and you know what that means, right? Wink wink.

Elliot seems so sweet! He's got a great voice. And Im thrilled that Taylor won. He's awesome, cant wait to see what kind of album he comes out with.

xx

8:08 PM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*********************************************************
I am just laughing so hard. First of all, Clay looks much better in the clip than in a couple of still shots. Yes, I'm the only person in America who doesn't watch this show.

The last time I saw Idol was when Kelly and Justin were doing the final match. This kid here, Elliot, whew. I mean, really! Then Clay comes out, all Mr. Vegas-Showbiz-confidence. This show is all cheese!

I loved the part where Seacrest goes, Are you all right?

I mean, what was with that kid? He was quivering!!! This show is so damn funny, if this clip is the best of the best, I can only imagine the weeks leading up to it.
*************************************************************

11:13 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Poppy said...

I loved the finale so much that I didn't fast-forward through any of it! Such a spectacular show! I loved how corny it was, and how sincere it was. Taylor winning was just the icing on the cake.

2:32 PM, May 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home