Tabloid Whore!

4.19.2006

NICK LACHEY REVEALS ALL TO ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE.


Nick Lachey is on the cover of the latest Rolling Stone magazine, which I will be picking up today, thank you very much. The word is that it's a really revealing interview as Nick speaks quite candidly about the breakdown of his marriage to Jessica Simpson.
USA Today reports the following interview highlights from Nick:
• "I'll tell you how I knew my marriage was over: I was told."
• "Jessica and I began playing these parts (on their MTV reality show Newlyweds) even when we were by ourselves. It became a really blurred line. There was a question about what truly was our reality."
• "I don't pretend to understand (former father-in-law) Joe (Simpson). ... I don't know if he ever liked me. To this day I couldn't say. It was painful. Do I think Joe drove a rift between us? No. Was he an influence in our marriage? Absolutely."
• "I don't know if there were other men. But if she did cheat, it was the result of something bigger, not the reason we didn't work. ... Sometimes I think it would be easier if I had just walked in the house and found her in bed with a guy. That would be clear-cut. End of story. I wouldn't have to deal with the uncertainty of adultery."
US Weekly, who had a sneak peak of the interview also adds:
During the Rolling Stone interview, Lachey breaks down into tears six times, consumes four alcoholic beverages and pledges his love to his estranged wife twice.
“It breaks my heart that I couldn’t make Jessica happy,” Lachey, 32, tells the mag. “I wanted to be everything to my wife.” Nearly five months after the split, he is still reeling, but says he has no regrets about his marriage. “I’d marry her all over again. Because I still love her. It would be a lot easier to walk away if I didn’t.”
I will post on anything else of interest once I read the full interview.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I think he's on Access Hwood tonight too talking about it. Gonna have to check that out.

1:28 PM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger Jenna said...

Are they officially divorced yet? I know it was filed, but I was busy at work for like a week so maybe I missed it then.

2:07 PM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

nope, the divorce is not final yet.

2:15 PM, April 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Joe Simpson can wring a nickel out of this thing, he will. Maybe we'll see the drama build and explode into something like "Newlyweds: The Second Time Around."

3:43 PM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger hazim said...

Hey. Hazim here...again. I think Jessica should really be the one singing "What's Left Of Me".

6:03 PM, April 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a few people that would be willing to help Nick get out of his funk... :)

7:43 PM, April 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's a fucking idiot. period.

2:42 PM, April 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd just be happy to not be smothered by her crazy ass dad.

Joe Simpson was more than happy to exploit his daughter during Newlyweds.. at the expense of Nick's career.

It was frustrating to watch such a nice guy get stepped all over. By a weenie and his idiot daughter.

8:51 AM, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home