Tabloid Whore!

4.17.2006

GREAT NEW TV SHOW ALERT: "WHAT ABOUT BRIAN?"

Hey, did anyone catch the new T.V. show "What About Brian?" on ABC last night? I had to do a little shout out for it because now, it is one of my favorites. I will admit, I love my hardcore 24, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Lost, in addition to a zillion reality shows, but I have a special fondness in my television heart for the good ol fashioned relationship drama. There aren't a lot of them out there anymore...thankfully there is Grey's Anatomy and One Tree Hill, but gone are the days of all those cool ones that stab you in the heart like Felicity, Once and Again, My So Called Life, Relativity, Dawson's Creek, etc. etc. The show was created by J.J. Abrams, who is the mastermind behind Felicity, Alias and LOST if that doesn't tell you something right there. It stars Barry Watson who played the oldest son Matt on 7th Heaven and after that tough battle he had with Hodgkin's Disease a few years ago, it's even more exciting to see him back and better than ever with his own series. The show is being hailed as a male version of Felicity, except that he's about 10 or so years older in his mid thirties. Not to mention, a really great, fun, good looking guy, but the only one left in his group of friends that is still single. It's just filled with lots of funny, heartwarming and sadly ironic stuff and I recommend it hightly to anyone who is in that same situation or at the very least, was a big fan of shows like Felicity. If you missed the special preview episode that aired last night, your in luck...you can catch "What About Brian?" tonight on ABC at 10pm, in it's regular time slot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christian Lindke said...

Loved "What About Brian?" I only hope they can maintain some of the dramatic tension they set up in the pilot episode.

I have always liked Watson as an actor, when he left 7th Heaven I stopped watching. Heck, I even enjoyed Boogeyman, which led to the creation of "Supernatural".

11:46 AM, April 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVES IT!

12:03 PM, April 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh..was okay.

8:57 AM, April 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home