Tabloid Whore!

3.23.2006

THE SHIELD FINALE: WHY LEM? WHY?


Ok my watchers of The Shield, I needed a full 24 hours to recover from the show's season finale before I posted. I am still so disturbed by the ending and the fact that dear sweet Lem was killed by Choppers of all people (that's Shane to the rest of you). Now I can no longer like him after what he did. I just can't. Why'd they have to kill my hot, good hearted, dopey Lem? Why couldn't Lem just go to that damn ranch in Mexico? I mean, when that freakin' grenade went off, I was as stunned as I was with Edgar's death on 24! I know Choppers has always been kind of a dumbass from the beginning, so I actually shouldn't be surprised at what he did, but I was. Oh, I can't even talk about it anymore. I thought I was over it, but now writing about it makes me realize I still need more time. Dear, dear, Lem. Big props to actor Kenneth Johnson, for a fabulous performance this season. The Strike Team won't be the same without you and Lem's ulcers.


Other finale comments: I'm sorry, but making Vic Danny's baby daddy was too predictable. I was hoping they'd throw us a curve ball and make Dutch the father...but what can you do? I hope, hope, hope, that Forrest Whitaker will be back next season because I thought he was absolutely brilliant as Lt. Kavanaugh. Not to mention, they really need to get rid of that new female cop who is Julian's partner. Hate her. I'm sure I left out a bunch of other things that happened on the finale, but I really just wanted to give a shout out to my boy Lem. And for you Choppers, all I have to say is "conscience is a killer" my friend. I'll see ya next season. Even though I am traumatized, I cannot wait to see what happens when The Shield returns and for anyone who watches the show you know it will be in a long ass while. Unless we're lucky and FX changes up it's schedule, The Shield won't be back until January '07. I hate waiting that long for this amazing show. How will we live without it for so long?


17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh TW, my heart breaks with you! Sniff! Sniff! Poor Lem, he's my fave! And yeah, no duh about Danny's baby daddy, can we get a surprise in here somewhere?!

9:46 AM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still in shock. And I think Vic will kill choppers when he finds out AND he will find out.

I love Lem.

This is traumatizing.

9:49 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Tony Mora said...

Yeah, my wife and I were both sickened by that scene. If only they kept Shane off the strike team in the first place.......R.I.P. LEM.

9:55 AM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was cold ass ending, of a cold
ass season. I thought he was going to shoot him, but a grenade? And he just watched him die, Sorry ain't cutting it, he's got to go next season. Keep Forrest Wittiker though,he steals every scene he's in.

11:09 AM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He should have never left the trailer to help the kid, that just
started the ball rolling down the hill. Mr. Ed will get his though.

11:56 AM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The old Sandwich Grenade, and he fell for it.

11:59 AM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Lem was so hungry, he did'nt notice the grenade at the bottom of the bag. "Shane where
you going" Booooom!!

12:05 PM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this season was amazing! I was SO crushed when Lem got killed! Shane should go- him and his glow in the dark teeth!!!!!

Forrest was a great addition to the cast.....maybe next season Dutch will kill that asshole partner of his.

2:04 PM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CRIED WHEN LEM DIED! HE HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE SINCE DAY ONE!!! SAD STORYLINE BUT I THINK THEY WILL ALL FALL EXCEPT FOR VIC BY THE END OF THE SERIES......

9:13 PM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, go back and watch Shayne's infamous scene again (if you can stomach it). The grenade wasn't in the bag; Shayne tossed it inside the car when Lem wasn't looking. But at the last second, he DID see it. If I had my doubts about Choppers before, he's at the very bottom of my list now. The cold-hearted way he watched Lem die will stick with me forever. I hope Vic finds out and makes him the last Strike Team victim. Lem was #1, and he deserved better. As for a surprise, didn't ANYONE catch the fact that the South American grenade queen may have yet another kid belonging to Vic? The way she demanded that Vic defend the little guy to Choppers, now what's up with that???????

8:04 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

i am horrified even more if he tossed the grenade in the car! I will have to see if i still have the episode somewhere, but you are right, I dont know if I can stomach watching that scene again. I just might take your word for it. YES I also raised an eyebrow and wondered about Vic and that grenade queen's baby! You are so right! How is that man's sperm so potent?

8:25 PM, April 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please make him come backkk!! it could be a false alarm, all staged, lem really isnt dead!! ughh wishful thinking....

9:02 AM, April 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lem was the good hearted kid on the team, but Choppers has always seemed disturbed, so as soon as Lem denied the ranch, I knew from Choppers face, that Lem was as good as dead.

6:59 PM, April 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While Shane and Lem were talking, I kept telling my father "something's not right". I knew something horrible was coming up but the way the show presented it, it was beyond what I expected. It sent chills up my spine. I kept saying "no, not Lem, not Lem". Am I the only one who can't stand Shane's wife?

12:06 PM, July 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes...things happen and are so well done, that you just plain cry, or are forced to try very hard not to. 24 has managed it a couple of times. The end of the 4th Dark Tower book by Stephen King, and parts of the 7th & final book of the same series...

Now The Shield has done it for the first time. I truly congratulate the makers of this show, and to Kenny Johnson for making us love you so much, and making this so difficult. Watching that scene again with him saying "ahhaha, my favorite buddy.....Shane? Shane!"

:'(

1:22 AM, August 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got sick when i realized shane was gonna kill lem, shane trying to be like vic - takin' care of buisniess - like vic did with terry, but lem was much more...he was family..i saw it coming..and i think the show-produceres did a dumbass move killin' lem...i just loved the dude...thank you Kenny johnson..for making me love u....-norway-

2:07 AM, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant remember the last time i cried. But when i watched the last scene, when vic sees lem, i couldnt help but cry !!

8:47 AM, September 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home