Tabloid Whore!

3.06.2006

HORROR ON "24."


If you haven't watched tonight's episode of 24 yet, stop here, cuz there are spoilers!
Oh please, please, say it ain't so. I am a little freaked by the ending of 24 tonight and need to vent. It was an amazing 2 hour episode that ended with nerve gas being injected into CTU headquarters. When everyone is ordered to evacuate the building, panic ensues and people start running to try and get out. Then they realize that the gas is coming from the outside in, so they are all basically fucked unless they are lucky enough to get into a sealed room or exit the building before the nerve gas hits them (fat chance.) Jack, Chloe, Audrey, Kim and a few others are all lucky enough to get locked down in a sealed room. People on the outside start twitching and running into the glass windows of the room begging to be let in, but Jack and his peeps couldn't open the door and break the seal or else, they'd get hit with the gas too. So, as I'm watching the show I'm just thinking, "damn, that must be cool to be one of those actors who get to twitch and die from the nerve gas," and then I realize, "oh no...WHERE IS EDGARRRR!?!" Next thing you know Edgar (played by the fabulous Louis Lombardi) comes around the corner like a lost little puppy dog looking for an exit and he comes face to face with his compadres locked in the sealed glass room. Then, in one of the saddest moments to ever grace the small screen, dear Edgar and Chloe make eye contact, Chloe is horrified realizing the gas is going to get Edgar and then, the last word we hear come out of Edgar's mouth is a pleading, "Chloe...." Then, my dear Edgar drops to the ground, only for us to assume he is now dead and up in heaven with his mama who died last season at the hands of the terrorists. Frick'n horrifying. Jack Bauer has saved the day many times, but is their hope for him to save Edgar? I will be in denial until next week when/if the death is confirmed. Edgar cannot die because we still have not seen him and Chloe have sex and fall in love. Why didn't they just throw someone like Audrey or Kim to the gas?? I am sooo making a "Save Edgar" t-shirt tomorrow.
Update: I saw the actor who plays Edgar interviewed on TV this morning. I'm sorry to report I can have no more false hopes...yep, Edgar is really dead.
Read an interview with Louis Lombardi here.
Photo: TV Guide

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh TW, I could just cry about Edgar. That poor, sweet fat bastard. Seriously, I had tears last night and even my hubby was all worked up about it. No-one is safe on this show! Yeah, they should've thrown annoying Kim to the wolves, she's been a pain in the ass from day one, gas her!

5:59 AM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh TW, thank Gawd we're on the same page today. I'm so heartbroken about Edgar, and I think its just really crappy that they did that...and the way they did it...I guess they felt they were giving him a sensitive death, but I think it sucked and it was a stupid move. I always felt CTU was safe when I saw Edgar's massive frame and crazy eyes watching over things. I honestly think they jumped the shark. I would love to be in denial; however, on the previews for next week you can see Edgar's body lying in the same spot. Maybe if we raise enough hell they can do a last minute rewrite. I could easily have been okay with Audrey "Tom Petty" Raines meeting the grim reaper. Hell, take Kim for all I care. But NOT my Edgar! And because of my beloved Sean Astin???????? Noooooooooooooooooo! (yeh, I know you likely hate his character, but I loves him)..anyway, I think it was a dumb move. They took David Palmer, they took Michelle. The day they take my Tony, my Curtis, or my beloved Aaron... OMG! What about Jean Smart going after Aaron? OMG, a love affair between those two would be just about the only thing that might ease the pain of Edgar's death a bit. K, now I'm gonna finish reading your post. I sorta went nuts...

6:06 AM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard that Dana Reeve died. Kind of put the whole Edgar thing into perspective. Damn.

7:42 AM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????????????????? Why dear sweet supersized Edgar????????????????? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy him????????????????????/

12:29 PM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Down goes Edgar! Down goes Edgar!
Down goes Edgar! Chole will just
have to find someone else to pick on.

12:57 PM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't they just put that Lame Ass President out of his misery, although he does provide comic relief.

5:11 PM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are all of you guys crazy? That Louis Lombardi is the worst actor in the cast, no question. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Edgar go down. The character itself is somewhat endearing, but the way Louis butchers all of the scenes is enough to make me vomit. Good riddance.

9:26 PM, April 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home