Tabloid Whore!

3.25.2006

AMERICAN IDOL'S CHRIS DAUGHTRY UNDER FIRE FROM CRAZIES.

Ahh here we go again. It happens EVERY year. Some crazy American Idol fans feel threatened by a really good contestant and end up getting their panties in a bunch over the littlest thing just so they can start a big freakin' hubabaloo to try and discredit them. Today's victim is the fabulous Chris Daughtry and his performance on last week's show of "Walk The Line." Apparently the kids on the Idol message boards are all pissy (you just knowww they are probably "pickle" fans) because although Daughtry was praised by the judges for his performance (and the way the song was re-arranged), Daughtry actually wasn't responsible for the rearrangement of the song. It came from a cover version of Walk The Line performed by the band Live In 2001. Oh the horrors! Stop the world!

C'mon, let's get real here. I really doubt Daughtry was trying to "sneak" this by everyone and pass the version off as his creation. I'm sure when he picked the song and during rehearsals with the band, the vocal coach, etc, he made it very clear that Live did the song this way. It's not his fault that some viewers (including TW) were unaware of Live's cover. Maybe instead of blaming Daughtry, pissy fans should blame producers for not having Ryan Seacrest announce Daughtry as "doing Live's version of the Johnny Cash song" or get mad at the judges for making it appear Daughtry rearranged it instead of mentioning he did a great version of "Live's cover." Blaming Daughtry is just stupid. What should he have done? Interrupt the judges in the middle of critique on LIVE television and say, "No! no! It's Live's cover! You just didn't mention it during the intro!" Sometimes on live television you just gotta go with the flow peeps. Not to mention, he is not the first contestant on Idol that has performed a song based off of a different artists cover. As Simon would say, "It's a singing competition!" and in my opinion, Daughtry sang spectacularly, no matter who did the arrangement. If he did a shitty version and didn't get praised by the judges, would people still be pissed?
Source: AP

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all, he's soooo hot!! Second, All the contestants "change up" the songs they sing. Don't the judges say "I love how you made it your own?" He never said he arranged the song anyway. Sad, sad, sad. It's okay little girls.... don't be mad because chicken little got the boot. He fuckin' sucked anyway.

11:44 AM, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am more than positive he did say this. It was before he sang the song when they were showing clips of him being interviewed and then clips of him working with Barry. Somewhere in there he said it but can't remember exactly. Otherwise I would not have had a clue either.

12:56 PM, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That AI board is lethal! I would never go there again after last year. I do think he should have given credit, as its the right thing to do, but it certainly doesn't keep me awake at night. AI is gonna let everyone go as far as they want them to go and they will decide who wins, so it doesn't matter what we think anyway.

2:01 PM, March 25, 2006  
Blogger Poppy said...

It's up to Idol, not to Chris, what footage of his gets aired. He was up front about his last performance being a remake of the original, and I bet he spoke to the same effect this time in pre-recorded footage but it didn't make the cut, either because Idol didn't think it was necessary to say or because they knew fans would catch on and start the controversy. I'm willing to be a dollar Chris had nothing to do with this. He is the most consistently awesome contestant on the show, and anyone who doesn't see that should vote for their favorites instead of being nasty to the other contestants.

7:18 PM, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!! I missed this night on Ameican Idol.I love that version of walk the line, and I hope he sings that on the American Idol CD. Is he hot, or what?
I hope he wins this year! I will be mega voting for him!! Thank you whore for letting me hear what I missed!I love your website!!You really rock!!!Don't ever leave me :)

9:13 PM, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This man should be burned at the stake for what he did...

The people that are thinking this are Pickle fans like TW said. Jeez, he was singing in a singing competition....and who knows what ended up on the editing room floor. He might have given Live props in his 'intro' video but AI wanted everyone hearing Johnny Cash's name, because Walk the Line won an some Oscars..and they like to control the voting. (that's if there really is fan voting).

Can you tell I'm jaded by the AI - but I love me my Mandisa, Chris and Taylor.

9:50 PM, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pickle SO has everyone snowed, I just know she's one of those really bitchy super sluts! Let's interview her whole school and see what they say! And stop whining about your "Daddy!" We're over it already!

6:45 AM, March 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Im sorry TW but I love it! I think Chris is so overrated and something needed to bring the man down to earth. Althought I do feel *slightly* sorry for him. I really can't believe its become this big of a deal!

But here's the performance, from my own private collection, if you wanted to use it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bui9Z1NjPOQ

9:58 PM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home