Holy moly. Everyone is going freakin' NUTSO today over this Kate Holmes & Tom Cruise "did they? or didn't they?" break-up rumor! As of now, the two lovebirds are denying a break up. To be honest, I didn't believe the rumors to begin with, and here is why: *DRUMROLL!!*
- First off, consider the source. Kids, it's my job to read a shitload of tabloids every single week, and Life & Style Weekly, the magazine that has this cover story, is basically crap in my opinion. Yah, I feature their cover stories frequently, but mostly tongue and cheek because they are so ridiculous. They don't "break" stories. Let's get real here, if someone wanted to scoop a magazine, they would go to one of the bigger publications like The National Enquirer, US Weekly or Star (who already has a story up on their website with quotes from Cruise's lawyer & rep denying the rumors).
- Second off, if there was a "break-up" well, then this relationship that everyone has been saying for months is fake, would have to be real. So what is it? Is Kate under contract with Tom and got artificially inseminated in an effort to carry on their "charade" or are they just two people who started a relationship, moved way too fast and accidentally got pregnant?
- Third off, Cruise stays in relationships for a long time. Look at Nicole Kidman, look at Penelope Cruz. Just because everyone else in Hollywood is dating for one minute doesn't mean Cruise is suddenly like that. It's just not his M.O. Plus, this time there is a baby involved and I don't buy for a second that they would end it so quickly, simply for the fact that Cruise's spawn is in her belly. Plus, if they were "sooo in love" like they had claimed in the beginning, well, they'd work harder to stay together for the baby, no?
- Fourth off, everyone knows that Cruise's people do not talk. If they are real "friends" then they wouldn't be talking to a magazine (or at least one that didn't pay big bucks!). Not to mention, if they were going to talk, they'd say some shit like he was gay.
- Fifth off & lastly ! I also question the timing of this break up announcement. Valentine's Day? Puh-lease. What better headline for Valentine's Day then the break-up of one of Hollywood's biggest couples? A bit too obvious in my opinion. Not to mention, who the hell cares that Kate has been going out and getting coffee by herself lately? If that was a sign of a break up, well, we'd all be single.