Tabloid Whore!

2.12.2006

MICHELLE KWAN PULLS OUT OF OLYMPICS.


Ahhhh jeeez! Just late last night I posted on the possibility of figure skater Michelle Kwan withdrawing from the Olympics due to complications from her groin injury and I just read that Sunday morning she officially dropped out. Kwan was experiencing stiffness during her first practice and it was later revealed that her injury got worse as the day went on. She decided to withdraw after being evaluated by a doctor early Sunday. So sad. The Olympic Committee has asked that Kwan be replaced with Emily Hughes. Upon her withdrawal, Michelle released the following statement:

"Taking myself off the team is the most difficult decision I've ever had to make, but it's the right decision. This injury prevents me from skating my best, and I've said all along that if I couldn't skate to the level that I expected from myself I'd withdraw from the team.

"The Olympics is the greatest sporting event in the world and what's most important is that the United States fields the strongest team possible. As much as I'd love to represent the United States in Torino, I would never stand in the way of that."
AP

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. Now maybe sweet little Sasha will get the props she deserves. (watch her stink up the place, won't i have eggie all over my face)

7:00 AM, February 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sasha Cohen is just a a freak with uncanny flexibility, hopefully she won't choke like she always does.

2:12 PM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate this : ( I've been waiting for Michelle to win her gold for fever it seems.

7:27 AM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home