Tabloid Whore!

2.10.2006

DANCING WITH THE STARS: 10! 10! 10!

The competition on Dancing With the Stars is getting pretty damn serious. Now with all the less than fab dancers out of the competition, people are really starting to up their game like never before! Unfortunately, we still have to endure that annoying co-host Samantha Harris. I can't stand how she pulls the mike away from everyone backstage when they are in the middle of talking. I wish they would keep Tom Bergeron and let the broad go. Everyone was so great last night that it's hard for me to pick favorites (um, aside from Drew Lachey), so here are just a few thoughts about the remaining competitors:
Jerry Rice: Oh Jerry! He had to do the Paso Doble and was fabulous! Now this is someone who has shown such significant improvement throughout the entire show. Did you see the footwork that man was throwing out there last night? Spectacular! That one judge Bruno who sounds like he is faking that horrible accent said that when Jerry came out on the dancefloor, "it was like Moses parting the Read Sea." That old judge, who I think is just a pain in the ass curmudgeon anyway, gave Jerry a harder time. Jerk! Scores: 8, 7, 8 = 23
Drew Lachey: I was really looking forward to Drew coming out in a rubber band and peanut shell like he promised last week, but instead had to settle for him dressed to the nines in a crisp, sharp suit. First off, one of the best things about Drew and Cheryl is that they always pick the best music to dance to. A couple weeks ago in my favorite performance to date, they danced to Michael Jackson's Thriller, last night they did the Tango to a song by the Black Eyed Peas. Fun! Another flawless performance by the both of them. Drew fixed his "queer" shoulder problem and the grumpy, old judge was nice for once and said that Drew came out with all the aggression and fire needed to dance the Tango. Scores: 10! 10! 10! = 30
George Hamilton: Oh, how I love George. He is such a lovely, funny, smiling man who looks like he is having a great time every week. George tackled the Rumba and did a nice job. But, I have to say, it was a little like watching dinner theatre. For once I agree with grumpy guy and his criticism. As entertaining as it was to watch, there just wasn't enough content in the dance. I'm sorry George! Scores: 8, 7, 8= 23
Lisa Rinna: How can you not adore Lisa Rinna? She is just so cute and takes this competition so seriously. Maybe too seriously since frustration and stress during practice caused her to cry, again. Lisa danced the Quickstep and came out in this fab, flowy lavender dress (oh! Those feathers!!!) She was doing a nice job, but just when I started to worry, "hmmm, they're not moving very quick for the quickstep," Lisa and her partner started quicksteppin' up a storm. The judges loved her and Lisa jumped for joy. Watch out Keibler! Scores: oops, I missed them, but they were good.
Stacey Keibler: Stacey, as always, did a great job. She performed the jive and came out in a tiny top and tiny skirt with fringes all over. I mean, realllly tiny. It was good to see her finally dancing in a faster pace dance than she usually does. She did a great job. Scores: 10, 10, 10, 10= 30!
So now do you see what I mean about it being a tough competition? My guess is this, George will go home this week (sad). I think Jerry might be next (breaks my heart), then, unless she performs like a crazy miracle, Lisa will be gone and the final two will be Drew and Stacey. After that, you all know who my pick is!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you missed Hall and Oates on Will and Grace or My Name Is Earl for this. (not sure what time its on)

2:15 PM, February 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly the way I figure it, TW.
P.S. The results are now in and the first part of our prediction has happened..However I think Stacy may beat out Drew in the end 'cause women always dance better than men especially when they follow a pros lead.

9:45 PM, February 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know - the stars/dancers don't get to pick the music for their dance. They get assigned a song after the friday results show for the next week's dance. (This was shown on last week's results episode)

12:59 AM, February 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew is winning....I stake my enormous collection of Elvis memorablia on it.

12:24 AM, February 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think Lisa Rinna is going to go home next week instead of Jerry Rice. He's got a lot of fans, and she (even with 27 points last week) had the second lowest overall score after the fans were factored into it. I'm like you... I like them all so much that I get sad to see them go. I'm not crazy about Stacey though, she could go next week and I wouldn't really mind (but that's probably not going to happen!)

2:20 PM, February 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray that the Lachey guy goes home.

6:12 AM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home