Tabloid Whore!

2.15.2006

BRUCE WILLIS GOES OFF ON OPRAH.

Bruce Willis went on a fiery rant to iF Magazine recently about the treatment "A Million Little Pieces" author James Frey received from Oprah Winfrey after The Smoking Gun website called Frey out for not really writing a "memoir." The said 'call out' resulted in Oprah going off on the guy in front of millions of people on her talk show, when she previously had been having multiple orgasms over him the week prior. As much as I love me some Oprah, I love the fact that someone had the balls to kinda give her the smackdown even more. I pretty much agree with Willis 100% so, you can just go ahead and read what Page Six posted today on what he had to say:
"Look at what happened to James Frey in the last two weeks," Willis rants to iFMagazine. "That's a great book and so is the follow-up book ["My Friend Leonard"]. And just because his publisher chose to say that these were memoirs, it took it out of being a work of fiction, a great work of fiction and very well-written, to this guy having to go be sucker-punched on 'Oprah' by one of the most powerful women in television just to grind her own ax about it."
"Hey, Oprah," Willis continues. "You had President Clinton on your show, and if this [bleep] didn't lie about a couple of things, I'm going to set myself on fire right now. James Frey is a writer, OK? He can write whatever he wants. It's fiction, and it's just hard, it's just shameful how he was treated in some of these things."
Willis says Justin Timberlake "was asked to play James Frey in the making of that book, and he waited and waited and listened to everyone and he said - 'Have you heard of this magazine called In Touch magazine or Us Weekly or InStyle or People or any of these magazines? They lie about people and they just make up [bleep] all week long, and you have to sue them to get it changed.'
"This is the world that we live in. That's approved and people go, 'That's OK,' and people go, 'Ooooo, someone is [bleeping] this person over here. Someone did this over here.' And they're all lies and no one is yelling at them. So let's leave James Frey alone."
Without pausing for breath, Willis turned on Entertainment Weekly, which recently wrote that "Die Hard IV" was one sequel they "didn't want to see." EW "hates me," he fumed. "They've hated me since they've been a magazine. F - - - them. And you can go tell them that. "

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruce will you marry me?
And I agree- it's seems like Oprah is 'untouchable' everyone is afraid of her- so it's great to hear someone actually say what they are thinking.

3:03 PM, February 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fair!! I was gonna propose to Bruce! Even though he did turn this into a poor poor millionaire f-ing celebrities and people lying on them thing, he's just asshole enough to make me weak in the knees at times.

7:16 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger alliecat said...

I read his first book, and thought it was AWESOME!!! I also watched him get diced up and throwen out on Oprah...I guess some people don't realize that it is a BOOK!!! Unless it is a textbook, there will always be fabrications, IMO. Way to go, Bruce. BTW, he is sooooooooooo hot!!

12:30 PM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golly, I suddenly want to run down to the news stand and buy every tabloid I can find, now that Bruce has explained it *is* ok to make millions from presenting fiction as fact. Thanks for clearing that up, Bruce!

8:43 AM, February 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home