Tabloid Whore!

1.31.2006

WHOOPIE! IT'S NEW MUSIC TUESDAY!

Ok, so there is a band I've been going completely nuts for the past month called She Wants Revenge. Their CD is being released in stores today, but ITunes also had it on pre-release for the past month, so maybe some of you have heard it. Every once in a while a CD will come out that I can't get enough of and listen to it until my ears practically start to bleed and this is one of them. SWR band members describe the CD as writing "the best 80's album we've never heard before," and with the influx of music influenced by the 80's filling the airwaves these days, the CD certainly stands out among the crowd. Their song "Tear You Apart" has been getting decent airplay across the country and you can check out their new video for it now at MTVU.com. The lyrics made me snicker with delight and the video has a funny little quirky story to go a long with it. So, if your bored at work today, hop on over and give these guys a listen....then go out and buy the cd!!!

Question: So, is there a specific girl that the songs are about, because the album seems to more or less follow a thread - boy meets girl, boy gets girl, boy obsesses over girl, boy leaves girl, boy regrets leaving girl, boy obsesses over girl....
SWR: "That's one interpretation - albeit the wrong one - but that's ok. I won't address the lyrics except to say that they are all about love. They are torch songs, standards really, ballads of lust and want - songs of love, obsession and sex. Basically everything I write is based around male-female interpersonal dynamics and the minutia that entails. To me it's in the details. How did she smell? The bat of an eyelash, the uncomfortable pauses. That's what I care about, love in all its forms."

more info@ MTV.com

2 Comments:

Blogger hazim said...

Hey. Hazim here...again.
Just wanted to say u got good taste in music!

10:17 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Christian Lindke said...

I am running over to the Wherehouse post haste. Though, this will also give me an excuse to purchase that Joy Division Substance CD I keep looking at.

2:30 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home