Tabloid Whore!

1.23.2006

THE WEST WING CANCELLED.

NBC announced on Sunday that this will be The West Wing's final season (sorry Jen.) I am probably the only person in America that has never watched a single episode of the show, but I know some people who are going to be very, very sad about this (once again, sorry Jen). After 7 seasons and 25 Emmy wins, the show will come to an end on May 18th. The cancellation is no surprise though, as this the ratings for this season were horrible compared to years past. The cancellation had nothing to do with the recent death of West Wing star John Spencer, talks about ending the show were already underway when he unexpectedly died of a heart attack in December. His West Wing character Leo McGarry will now also die of a heart attack in an episode slated to air April 2nd. As far as the series is concerned, it will come to an end coinciding with the end of President Bartlet's (Martin Sheen) second term. Makes sense.
Source: E! Online

4 Comments:

Blogger AS said...

Yes, the best show on television, too must end. I'll have my precious DVDs to remember it by. All Hail the Chief,and no I don't mean botoxed Geena Davis.

9:19 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger sarainitaly said...

I love the west wing. I am bummed it was cancelled! I wrote about it on my blog too.

3:54 AM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never watched it either, never really found any interest in it.

6:36 AM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are at least 2 of us who have never seen a single episode of this show.

6:56 AM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home