Tabloid Whore!

1.09.2006

SPIELBERG TRIES TO PUT THE SMACKDOWN ON KATHY GRIFFIN.

Remember way back when at last year's Golden Globe awards, when comedian Kathy Griffin made a harmless 3 second joke on the red carpet about 10 year old actress Dakota Fanning entering rehab? Well, in my opinion, anyone with a brain would know that Kathy was telling a joke. Aside from the fact that Fanning is like the quintessential perfect child, she is afterall, 10 years old....a bit young for rehab. Now if she was 13, maybe it could be a possibility. Page Six reveals that in the February issue of W, Griffin tells the story of how she was bullied by Director Steven Spielberg and his people to give a public apology to Dakota Fanning and her family. At the time, Fanning was co-starring in Spielberg's War of The Worlds movie. When Kathy told Spielberg and his cronies that she would not apologize and to basically F off, they told her she was now on his and Dreamworks "S List." Griffin told W, "I think Steven Spielberg has a lot of [bleeping] nerve," Griffin told W. "I don't care how big you are, you will not trample on my, or anyone else's, First Amendment rights. That makes me furious."
So, what's Kathy's best way to get revenge on Spielberg? She put the whole ridiculous story in her stand up act. According to Page Six, Kathy went on the following rant during a show in Atlantic City:
"I get a call from the lawyers, and they're, like, 'DreamWorks . . . is furious about the whole Dakota Fanning thing, and they're livid, and Spielberg is personally furious, and DreamWorks is putting you on a list, and they demand an apology,' " Griffin said. "And I'm, like, 'A list?' I'm on the s- list? Who gives a s-? . . . Put me on your list. And Spielberg? Oh, what's the matter? I'm not going to star in any more Steven Spielberg movies? Oh, no! What'll I do with my time? "Oh, and E! Channel called me: 'We demand an apology.' And I go, 'OK, here's your apology: You'd have to be a [bleep]ing idiot to not know I was kidding.' And they're, like, 'Well, we can't print that' . . . It's a joke. It's a joke. I'm not going to apologize for jokes. Ten years old. It's a joke." "As if 'War of the Worlds' didn't have bigger fish to fry. With Tom Cruise losing his [bleep]ing [bleep] on Oprah and the 'Today' show and everything else, they're all worried about my Fanning joke, right?"
Geez, talk about people that need to lighten up! We love Kathy Griffin and I know Spielberg is a good filmmaker and all, but with things like this, homeboy needs to get over himself. If he wants to make a stink about something, there are a lot more terrible things going on in the world than Kathy Griffin making a harmless joke. For real though.
Source: Page Six

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy is my idol, always has been. She says whatever the hell she wants and I respect her for that. Finally, a person who isn't a phony in hollywood.

Screw you Spielberg!

9:10 AM, January 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy is a untalented D-list celebrity who is desperately trying to stay in the limelight.

8:06 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home