Tabloid Whore!

1.19.2006

FORMER AMERICAN IDOL CONTESTANT STALKED BY CREEPY OLD MAN.


American Idol, you've got your first stalker! This creepy old man named Danny Young (59) from California has been arrested for stalking former AI contestant Jessica Sierra (20) since mid-September. Jessica was part of last season's Idol crew and first talked to Young when he called her home pretending to be a talent scout. He then got hold of Jessica's personal cell number and proceeded to call her approximately 38 times. Police said he sent her a necklace, a bracelet and dozens of long-stemmed roses after seeing her singing on American Idol. When Jessica realized this guy was a weirdo and not just a fan, she stopped taking his calls, which didn't seem to sit well with Young who left her voicemails saying, "Jessica, I really care for you. Jessica, Jessica, Jessica, Jessica. I got to come to Tampa eventually. I got to see you face-to-face." "Jessica, I'm getting tired of bothering you, don't make me bother you.""This is not going to end." "Answer your damn phone when I call you."

Police say Young followed Sierra from California to Tennessee, and then finally to Tampa. The last straw came on Tuesday when Jessica was at her grandparents house in Tampa, Fl and he told her he was coming from Los Angeles to see her and that she better pick his ass up from the airport. When Jessica told him there was no way she was picking this fool up, he said that he was going to see her and would take a cab to her grandparent's house. When he arrived, the cops swooped in and arrested him. Jessica told a newspaper, "While he's sitting in the back of the car and my dad is looking at him, giving him the evil eye saying don't mess with my daughter, blah, blah, blah, He's saying I love you, I love you." Young was booked into jail with bail set at $500 on the misdemeanors stalking charge, which is punishable by up to a year in prison. Although on Wednesday a judge revoked the bail after a prosecutor said Young had two prior arrests for violent crimes in California.

Ok, first off, if that was me...that cell phone number would have been changed like the minute after he left me creepy message #1. Plus, I can't believe this man could only get a year in prison. We have these obvious nutcases and they go after women and children and we lock them up for a little and then let them back out on the street to what, go murder someone? It's absolutely ridiculous. I hope if he does get locked up that Jessica changes that cell phone number and makes herself a little harder to find. I'm sorry, but a year in prison isn't going to do anything to this guy, I bet he will get out and come after the poor girl again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree, especially when the guy has prior arrests for "violent" crimes. 1 year will not deter this dude from stalking her again, or possibly worst.

1:37 PM, January 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did Jessica tell her where she was. If she was at her grandparents, how does he know that. There is no way that he would have obtained that kind of information from me...

8:57 AM, January 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She didn't tell him she was at her grandparents'. He reportedly told her he was going there, and she called the police who arrived before old man Young did. As to why he would choose to go there, perhaps he wanted to converse with folks his own age? Nah, in all seriousness, my guess is because their names were mentioned in Tampa news stories during AI's run last year - they raised her - and knowing the city they lived in and their names makes it very easy to get an address via the web.

1:05 AM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home