Tabloid Whore!

1.17.2006

ALERT! GROWN WOMEN, GET READY TO ACT LIKE A CRAZY TEENY-BOPPER! AMERICAN IDOL IS BACK!

Here we go kids! Starting tonight at 8pm on FOX, Idol is back! Warning, a mini rant is coming....I'm going to start off by saying that even though I am looking forward to it, the faith that I lost in American Idol last season has still not returned. Something was vewwwy, vewwwwy strange about last year and the stinky "voting" results. You still can't convince me that Constantine legitimately got eliminated so early on in the final 10....before Scott freakin' Savol??? Federov? Sweet kid, but Na-uh. Also, it was so obvious they were grooming Carrie Underwood to be the winner all along. Right before the show started to air, I heard an interview with Simon Cowell where he outright named Carrie as the person who he thought would win. Hmmm....so soon? Strange. I'm sorry, but the girl doesn't have such amazing pipes & personality that you would look at her and go, "yah, THAT's a star!" I think the show is all pre-planned if you ask me. Notice how they say, "you gotta vote!" "you gotta vote!" so often during the show? I'm sure that makes the sponsors mentioned after every single phonecall very, very, happy, not to mention, puts more money in the Idol PTB pockets. I'm sorry, I haven't thought about this in so long and now all these bitter memories are coming back and smoke is starting to come out of my ears! I could go on and on with my argument, but I will spare you the pain of that any further! Anyway, I will be watching this year, picking my favorite, but no longer calling in to vote. I read that supposedly there will no longer be any guest judges and Seacrest will not end each show with "Seacrest out!" Beyond that, what Idol will be like this year is all a mystery. When the show gets down to final 10, I promise to post more about it and do weekly reviews. Cross your fingers for a good season and hope for some rock boys again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to it tonight and then I read the reminder about Constantine being 'voted out' before Savol and -like you- brought back all the anger.

I'm not voting either- it's a scam. But yes, I'll be watching.

Thank god no more Seacrest out

2:35 PM, January 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh the memories of Constantine, he is such a faker, just wants to be an actor or on TV or in the spotlight. I saw him on Funniest TV Moments and he went to kick the camera (as he likes to kick) with that fake "sexy" or so he thinks look on his face and he fell on his ass. I laughed and laughed!

All of my memories of him are bad ones and if you ask me, he wasn't voted out soon enough.

Let's hope for a good season this year!

3:48 PM, January 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what'd you think of the show?!! Im dying to hear your comments on the new contestants. I was kinda/sorta hoping for "good rock guys" too but now it just seems kinda cliche. Like this guy Chris Daughtry, ugh, he was awful.

8:03 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

kim: There hasn't been anyone so far that's rocked my world...but I pay half attention in the beginning. When it gets down to Hollywood, THAT's when I get serious and will write all my faves and LOATHS! ;)

4:24 PM, January 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home