The new issue of US Weekly hit the stands today with "Nick's Side of The Story" blasted all over the cover. Of course, unlike Jessica who graced the cover of US Weekly alone last week, Nick had to once again share the spotlight and the cover of his US Weekly featured story. First off, it's not a one on one interview with Nick (surprise, surprise)--it's "sources" telling the story. Here are the highlights:
- The cheating- Both of the kids have been accused of cheating, some stories are more serious than others. They have always denied the claims against both of them, but now some of Lachey's friends are saying that Jessica wasn't so innocent: "She comes across as such a goody-two-shoes." "I'm finding out all these things about her and putting together things she has told me. I'm just now realizing what a good liar she was. That's how Nick feels too-totally in shock." Another Lachey friend adds, "The idea that things unfolded because Jess couldn't take Nick misbehaving is simply not true."
- He felt ignored- The bigger Jessica's star started to get, the more she started to neglect her husband. "She ignored him," a source told US Weekly. "She'd always leave him at home for something "better." Jessica would go out with friends and never check in with Nick. It bothered him. " Even when Nick and Jessica were together, she would be aloof to him. "He'd sit there alone while she was living it up with her friends."
- No matter what Papa Joe says, the couples parting was NOT good - When Simpson told Lachey she wanted a divorce, he felt completely "sucker punched." Up until then, he and Simpson had held out hope that things could work out and that is why, according to a Jessica source, they spent two months insisting they were alright when they in fact, were already dunzo. A Lachey insider said, "He was committed until the end, that is why he went along with the charade. The 'honeymoon' trip (to Italy in October) was real for him. He wanted to fix their problems."
- The blame game - Friends say Nick would like it if the divorce could stay private between him and Jessica, but his friends worry that "Team Simpson" led by the almighty Joe Simpson, is trying to turn the public against him. "Friends warned Nick that Joe would view the divorce as a business move."
- Jessica's regrets? - Some sources think Jessica may be regretting her decision. "I've heard she is reaching out to him." "It hit her how good he was to her. But as long as Nick has some distance from her, he wont take her back."
So now Lachey and Simpson are living separate lives. But sources believe that emotionally they are in the same place, "In their hearts, they're both sad."
Pick up the latest issue of US Weekly to read the story in its entirety.
Source: US Weekly