Tabloid Whore!

11.24.2005

'TRY!' JOHN MAYER TRIO LIVE IN CONCERT CD

For those of you who are like me and HUGE fans of the ultra dreamy John Mayer, his new gig 'The John Mayer Trio' has a live concert CD out in stores now! Usually me and my girl jp are on the case about hunkalicious Mayer, but somehow, this one slipped by us. How jp, how?! Now it's Thanksgiving and probably no freakin' stores are open for me to go and get my CD. All good things must wait. Seriously though, John Mayer is good stuff...this one's gonna be different from his usual music, this time focusing more on blues, funk and soul. The John Mayer Trio toured this past year (where tickets were impossible to get--HARUMPH!) and this CD is the result. I'm a little worried though, because my dreamboat has been quoted lately saying that he is moving on from his usual acoustic style of music, possibly for good. "I'm done with acoustic guitar, balladeering, I'm done with acoustic groove. Acoustic groove sucks so bad," moans the boyish singer-songwriter. "I've sucked the flavor out of it."
Check out a really good article on Mayer and his latest project HERE.


2 Comments:

Blogger AS said...

I know! I happened to be in Target late on Tuesday night and I even saw the sign...but they were all SOLD OUT! I was appalled on both counts - that we didn't know and that it was SOLD OUT.

8:01 AM, November 25, 2005  
Blogger Poppy said...

I just heard them on the Thanksgiving episode of Dave Letterman. It was really good! I don't care for JM alone, but in the trio he sounded decent.

6:10 PM, November 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home