Tabloid Whore!

10.01.2005

WHO KNEW? TASIA CAN'T READ OR WRITE.

But I can still do the BoBo for ya!

So much American Idol news lately. Sad, sad, story about Fantasia Barrino from People.com:

American Idol winner Fantasia Barrino may still be savoring her victory of two years ago, but the 21-year-old single mom reveals in her new memoir, Life Is Not a Fairy Tale, that parts of her past were anything but idyllic. The singer admits to hiding the fact that she can neither read nor write – sometimes having to fake lyrics and not even understanding her record contracts – and that she was raped as a 9th grader in school. She says that not being able to read or write is like having on blinders to the world. "You're illiterate to just about everything. You don't want to misspell," she tells ABC's 20/20 in a segment due to air Friday. "So that, for me, kept me ... in a box and I didn't, wouldn't come out." As for how she was able to deliver scripted segments on Idol, the High Point, N.C.-native concedes: "Somebody would say, 'You know, it's pronounced this way' and I'd be like, 'Oh, I'm sorry, you know, I'm country, you know." read more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home