Tabloid Whore!

10.22.2005

MADONNA: I'M GOING TO TELL YOU A SECRET

I just finished watching Madonna's new tour documentary "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret." It's the follow-up to her 1991 documentary "Truth Or Dare," which I loved... Now Madonna is a completely different woman, she's spiritual, insightful, she's a mom, she's mature and she isn't going-down on Evian bottles anymore. I loved seeing how she has transformed over the past several years and in my opinion, you can thank those children of hers for that! Oh my God, those kids of hers! They pop in here and there and are just amazing. Her daughter Lourdes is this absolutely beautiful little girl who takes after the adult Madonna rather than the younger day Madonna. There is a great little scene where Madonna asks her how to pronounce "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" in French and Lourdes just rambles it off to her with perfect pronunciation. Her son Rocco is an adorable firecracker and definitely has the playfulness of his father, Guy Ritchie. Speaking of Guy, he is one of the best parts of this documentary. Unfortunately, he wasn't on screen enough. Every time he was, I laughed my ass off (don't even get me started on the scene where he is singing in the car). He is a hunka hunka cutie pie and is funny, funny, funny (he's so much better than that grumpy Sean Penn!). I love watching him and Madonna together, it's no wonder she loves the man so much. Ha. I got so caught up with Guy and the kids I almost forgot to mention her concert. The concert scenes are incredible, theatrical and amazing! Oh, how I would kill to go to a Madonna concert! Yah, Madonna throws in a bunch of stuff about Kabbalah, she gets political, but she does it in such a way that it makes you think, instead of annoying the hell out of you. Fans of the Truth or Dare will be pleased to know that in "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret," Madonna still reads her assistants those silly little poems she writes for them, not to mention sucks on the lozenge during the pre-show prayer circle with her dancers.
For those of you who missed it, "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" will air on VH1 Thu Oct 27, 9/8c PM.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh man I just watched that too. I was amazed by that woman!

12:07 AM, October 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus, If Madonna took a dump, you'd applaud that too.

8:33 AM, October 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw Madonna in concert. Save your money, she can't sing live worth crap. She must be very thankful for the studio and all it's machinery.

5:33 PM, October 22, 2005  
Blogger Tabloid Whore! said...

anonymous #1...Actually, there was a scene in the documentary where Madonna went to the bathroom (and I assume took a dump) but would not let the cameras follow her in. You will happy to know that yes, I still stood up and applauded her. ;)

11:55 PM, October 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the documentary as well as the tour itself was incredible...great to see a woman in her mid-late 40s looking incredible,,,being witty, sensitive, artistic etc...seems to have left all the crazy stuff behind and moving on...great to see the private family moments...and Madonna sounded great live in concert...much better voice after EVITA...extra bonus was seeing the HUNG UP video prior to the documentany..another awesome song by Madonna!!!!!

9:50 AM, October 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, Madonna is a great diplamat for your country so why slag her off? unless of course your not a yank. Even then if she is still top of the euro charts at 47 she must be doing something right.

1:28 AM, January 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg, Madonna is amazing! everything about her intrests me deeply and her music is endlessy good!
i also would kill to see her in concert..my mum said i was too young to go to the confessions tour so if she does another tour you'll be guarenteed ill be there!! xxx

12:48 PM, September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home