Tabloid Whore!

10.13.2005

DRILL SERGEANT.

Whoooo! That Madonna! She is one strict mamma! Interviewed in the November issue of Harpers and Queen, Madonna talks a bit about raising her children. Her kids are not allowed to be messy, watch TV or suck on bon bons in her home! Some of her rules seem a bit extreme (shiiit, I used to make fun of the kids who didn't have a TV when I was a kid), but otherwise, I think her next book should be on parenting. She must be doing something right because her kids always seem so well behaved, so right on Mamma Madonna! Here are some highlights from the interview:
  • She has banned television and punishes her daughter's messiness by confiscating her clothes. "I'm a disciplinarian. Guy's the spoiler."
  • When Daddy gets home, they're going to get chocolate. I'm more practical; I worry about their teeth and make sure they're getting their schoolwork done. I'm very schedlotuled, I make lists."
  • "My kids don't watch TV. We have televisions but they're not hooked up to anything but movies. "TV is trash. I was raised without it. We don't have magazines or newspapers in the house either."
  • Ritchie treats the children to pizza and bike rides. "Guy is into doing wild stuff outside, taking them out on bikes.""He's good cop, I'm bad cop. The kids watch movies every Sunday, so if they're naughty, they get their movie taken away. If they're a little naughty, then no stories before bed."
  • "My daughter has a problem picking things up in her room, so if you leave your clothes on the floor, they're gone when you come home," she explains. Bad behaviour is repaid by chores. "Lola has to earn all her clothes back by being tidy, making her bed, hanging up her clothes."
  • As for the family diet: "It's whole grains, eating things by season, staying away from food that's been bioengineered in some way. "[Our cook] prepares food like sushi or salmon. And vegetables. We don't eat any dairy here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home