Tabloid Whore!

10.25.2005

DRAMARAMA SAYS, HEY, "EVERYBODY DIES."

Dramarama is back with a new album called, "Everybody Dies."
It must be an amazing feat for a band when their very first single out of the box becomes so huge, that 20 years later it can still rank #1 with radio listeners on all time favorite song countdowns. There's a band that I have been a huge fan of for several years that has accomplished this feat, and that band is named Dramarama. The year was 1985 and a little song named "Anything, Anything" hit the airwaves of KROQ radio in Los Angeles, CA. Now it's 2005 and people may not always remember the name of the band, but they remember the song with that blazing opening riff and the unforgettable hook, "I'll give you candy! Give you diamonds! Give you pills! I'll give you anything you want, hundred dollar bills! I'll even let you watch the shows you wanna see, just marry me, marry me, maaarrry meee!" Aww, Dramarama, good stuff, good memories. They broke up a long time ago and with the exception of a solo album from the one, the only, the fabulous, lead singer John Easdale, fans haven't had any new Dramarama music in (holy crap!) about 12 years! Thanks to VH1's fab show "Bands Reunited," all original members of Dramarama came together last year for a reunion show at the Roxy in Los Angeles. That's when the wheels started turning and to the delight of their hardcore fans, original band members John Easdale, Peter Wood and Mark "Mr. E Boy" Englert brought the band back to life. The result of this is a brand new Dramarama CD called "Everybody Dies" in stores TODAY!
John has always been the master of the rock 'n' roll rhyme and this time around, he's still the master, but he changes it up a bit. The title track "Everybody Dies," was written in honor of his late friend, the awesome Greg Dwinnell. Let me tell you, it's the happiest little tune about death I've ever heard and will no doubt make you think of lost loved ones with a smile on your face. Old school fans will recognize "Physical Poetry" (yes! one of my faves!) if you went to Easdale's solo shows, not to mention a revamped "Try 5 Times." Unfortunately, still no sign on the new CD of "Everyday," one of Dramarama's best unreleased tracks to date (yes John, that was not so subtle hint to you!). I will admit, the only downside to the CD for me is that I'm not crazy about the cover art. But I assure you, the music makes up for it in spades. I have no doubt this new Dramarama album will be rockin' my fancy new Nano for months to come. But please guys, just don't make us wait another 12 years before the next release! Welcome back boys! Yippee!!!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO DRAMARAMA'S NEW SINGLE "EVERYBODY DIES" AND GET UP TO DATE BAND INFO ON THEIR MYSPACE PROFILE!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home