Tabloid Whore!

7.07.2005

SUMMER READING


I just finished a great trashy summer read, The Washingtonienne by Jessica Cutler. Based on the true life escapades of the author, she tells the story of working as an Assistant on Capitol Hill and simultaniously having affairs with both high powered and no powered people in Washington (shockingly, this was not during the Clinton era). Although bored with her job, she found that starting a blog on her various sexual escapades in Washington was easier than Instant Messaging all day to keep her friends updated, not to mention, entertained. When I first read her blog, it made me want to start one on my own scandelous activities, but then I realized I didn't have any and would have to settle for writing about other peoples scandals. If you aren't familiar with The Washingtonniene, here is a link to her original blog. The novel, which, although filled with lots of drugs, sex and slutty behavior (I must have said "what a whore!!" out loud about 25 times while reading the book) made even an eyebrow-raising good-girl like myself realize that maybe the whoo-wazz aren't so bad, they are as lost and confused like some of us good girls. Plus, If they dig deep enough, may find out what they need is the one thing they often try to avoid. Washingtonienne did. I'll let you read the book to find out what that is.

1 Comments:

Blogger ASD said...

damn are there no fucking readers in this forum? c'mon! i've lived in washington, d.c. and it's a great city. i haven't read this but know about it. i was visiting the georgetown bookstore and eyed it while browsing. now that you mention it i should like to buy it at half price books! thanks TWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

12:45 AM, February 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home